Ms.Iryna Danylovych, a nurse, an activist and a citizen journalist, is being intensively pressured in the pre-trial detention center: she is insulted, and moved to the temporary detention facility (TDF), she is subject to unscheduled searches, she is not transferred vitamins and seized medicines.
Iryna Danylovych wrote about this in the letter which text is at the disposal of the CHRG.
For example, in her letter Ms.Danylovych told about an unscheduled search that resulted into confiscating her personal notebook, where she made theses for her “last statement” and wrote down poems, by the pre-trial detention center staff. According to Iryna, she was forced to write an explanatory note.
“There is no information in my personal notes that may be used for illegal purposes as well as this is not a highly classified information. Quotations from books and poems were written down by me for the purpose of self-education. My personal experiences and notes related to the criminal case – in order to preserve psychological balance and memory. The confiscation of the notebook violates my rights guaranteed by Article 17-6 and 17-5 of Federal Law No. 103 dated 15.07.1995,” Iryna Danylovych wrote.
According to the activist, after the previous search, when her medicines had been confiscated, she wrote a complaint to the “prosecutor’s office”: ultimately, she was searched.
“Now the “road” to the men’s block has been closed to me. They are starting a pressure. Last time I was “hidden” at the TDF because there was a big commission – that’s what everyone here says. I don’t know what other methods they can use to keep me quiet. This should be made public to make it more difficult for them,” Ms.Danylovych states in her letter.
In addition, Iryna Danylovych informed the CHRG monitor that she did not receive vitamins in the pre-trial detention center. According to the activist, they are seuzed by penitentiary institution staff.
- On August 23, “Feodosia City Court” extended a detention period for Ms.Danylovych until February 2, 2023.
- Iryna Danylovych disappeared on April 29th . The same day her house in the village of Vladyslavivka near Feodosia was searched while she was detained at work. According to the mother, the phone and laptop were seized during the search. The security agents did not leave a copy of the court decision. Her lawyer was informed that Ms.Danylovych was not in the Simferopol Pre-Trial Detention Center. Only on the thirteenth day after the abduction, a lawyer got a confirmation from the Simferopol Pre-Trial Detention Centre that activist Iryna Danylovych was there. For eight days she had been kept in the basement of FSB building, subject to polygraph tests, put a sack on her head and threatened that she would be taken out to the forest if she hid something. All this time she was fed once a day, and taken to the toilet twice a day. At the end of this stay in the FSB Ms.Danylovych was offered to sign some blank forms in exchange for freedom. Once she had done this, she was told that two hundred grams of explosives had been found in her small bag and then she was moved to court to impose a pre-trial restriction.
- A criminal case has been opened against Ms. Iryna Danylovych under RF CC Article 222.1-1 (Illegal acquisition, transfer, sale, storage, transportation or translocation of explosives). According to the lawyer, a pre-trial restriction was officially imposed on her only on May 7th, with the involvement of state lawyer (by appointment).
- At the end of July Ms.Danylovych again claimed about the pressure of FSB men on her.
- On August 29, the consideration of the case on merits started. According to the prosecution, allegedly not later than April 29, Ms.Danylovych was looking for a self-made explosive device, composed of explosives – approximately 230 grams – a military-style electric detonator and strike elements being needles from syringes. All this, according to investigators, was kept in her glasses case, which she constantly had with her. The device, according to the investigation, was confiscated on April 29 at the FSB headquarters when Ms.Danylovych’s belongings were being checked.